I have made these little coasters for myself and given to others as gifts. The simple crochet pattern works up quickly in just 4 rounds! The cotton yarn is washable, and great for either cold or hot beverages–at the office or at home. Finished size: 5″ diameter
- 100% Cotton Medium Weight Yarn (4)
- Crochet Hook J
Beginning ch 3 counts as 1 dc throughout pattern.
- Round 1: ch 4, 11 dc in fourth ch from hook, sl st in top of beginning ch-4: 12 dc
- Round 2: ch 3, dc in sl st, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st in beginning ch-3: 24 dc
- Round 3: ch 3, dc in sl st, 1 dc in next stitch, *2 dc, 1 dc in next stitch*, repeat around and sl st in beginning ch-3: 36 dc
- Round 4: (skip next dc, 5 dc in next dc, skip next dc, sl st in next dc) around: 45 dc, 9 petals. sl st to beginning.
- Finish off by weaving in ends.