Little Christmas stockings are so gosh darn cute. Place a small candy cane inside, hang them on a tree, string them to make a garland, use them for a package decoration. So many possibilities. So yes, this Christmas I decided to design my own mini Christmas stocking pattern. Mix it up with any DK weight yarn from your stash, add stripes or other designs. Have fun and Merry Christmas!
This pattern is knit in the round on double pointed needles. YouTube tutorial step by step here: https://youtu.be/kIB5f9KNuQ4
- DK weight Yarn – I used Loops & Threads Joy DK from Michaels, in Snow and Ruby.
- US Size 3 Double Pointed Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle
Starting from the top
- Using 4 double pointed needles, and “Snow” or white, cast on 18 stitches and divide onto 3 needles, using the 4th one to work around.
- Row 1 – purl
- Row 2 – knit
- Row 3 – purl
- Rows 4-18 switch to red and knit every row (Stockinette stitch)
- K 10, turn your work
- P 4, turn
- K 6, turn
- P 8, turn
- K 10, turn
- P 12, turn
- K 14, turn
- P 16, turn
- K 18.
- Knit the next 8 rows for the foot.
- K2 together 9 times (9 stitches remain)
- K2 together 4 times, k1 (5 stitches remain)
- With a tapestry needles slip yarn through all five stitches and pull closed.
Weave in ends and trim excess.