Wanting to make a hearty supper for my family, I purchased a little over a 2-lb pork shoulder roast and did a little research, then gave it a try with the spices I had on hand in my kitchen.
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Oregano
- 1 Tbls Rosemary
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 lbs Boneless Pork Shoulder Blade Roast
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Mix spices together in a bowl.
- Rub olive oil on Roast and rub in spice mixture covering it completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add roast to brown on both sides. I even held the roast up on its side that the sides got browned as well.
- Put the browned roast in a roasting pan or ceramic dish as I have. I use a meat thermometer and set it for 3 hours or 175 degrees Farhrenheit, whichever comes first. Roast in 325 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
I served this roast with pork gravy (for those that like it) Uncle Ben’s Original Rice recipe. For a vegetable I served fresh green beans, microwaved in the bag. Et voila. An easy and satisfying meal for all.