Crocheted Wine Bottle Cozy
Wine Bottle Cozy Crochet Pattern
Every now and then my husband and I go to a BYOB house concert. I pack a basket with a thermos of coffee, cups, sugar, cream for later 😉 and a couple of sturdy wine glasses with a bottle of wine, dressed in a crocheted wine bottle cozy. It keeps things from clinking around in the basket and, identifies your wine so as not to have someone mistakenly help themselves to a glass, and well, it just looks cool.
I usually use cotton yarn, but I’ve also used sock yarn and a smaller hook and added beads!
This simple pattern is a great way to use up stash, and wine bottle cozies make awesome gifts. So the next time you have about 30-60 minutes in front of the TV, or in the car, pick up your hook and give it a try!
YouTube video tutorial now available!
You’ll see photos here from a previous crocheted wine bottle holder I made with sock yarn and beads too!
Crocheted Wine Bottle Cozy – round by round
- Chain 4, slip stitch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3, 11 dcs in the ring for a total of 12 double chains.
- Round 2: Ch 3, dc in same stitch, 2 dc in each around for a total of 24 double chains.
- Round 3: Ch 3, dc in same stitch, *dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch*, repeat around = 36 double chain stitches.
- Round 4: Chain 3, dc in each stitch around.
- Round 5: Chain 1, sc in each stitch around.
- Round 6: Ch 3, Skip 2 stitches, SC in next stitch, *Ch 3, skip 2, sc in next stitch* repeat around.
- Round 7: Ch 3, sc in the chain 3 space, *Ch3, sc in next chain 3 space* repeat around.
- Repeat row 7 until the desired length to the next of the bottle. For me this is about 9 chain three spaces. Remember that it will stretch. You want it to reach just below the neck of the bottle, so that when it’s tied it stretches and you can see the chain three spaces nicely.
- In each chain 3 space do the following: *hdc, dc, dc, tc, dc, dc, hdc*
- Slip stitch to beginning hdc and cut yarn.
A simple cord inserted in and out of the spaces just below the scallops then tied around the neck of the bottle.
- Chain 80 stitches.
- Slip stitch into 1st chain from the hook and sl st in every chain around.
- Slip cord through the chain-3 gaps beneath the scallops and tie. Weave in all ends.